Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Paul. She's John.

Yesterday, we took to the air again to fly to Becky's place in Atlanta. The whole family was there to greet us and feed us and love on the kids. You gotta love family! Today we drove to mom and dad's house in Florida, where we'll spend Christmas.

You know you've been flying a lot when you embark upon a four hour flight with the attitude, "No big deal--this will be a quick flight." Ha! I can tell you, this did NOT used to be my viewpoint. The kids did well and we made it all in one piece.

And we were rewarded for our efforts by a rousing game of Lego Rock Band and Beatles Rock Band when we arrived at Becky's house. This was actually my first exposure to either game--and, wow. We had such a great time! And may I say? Becky and I seriously rocked the vocals on"Day Tripper". My brother Dave schooled us all on the drums, and his wife Katie mastered the guitar. And Jason is pretty dang good on bass. We are totally the Partridges. If the Partridges only pretended to play instruments and had Lego avatars.

More pictures and stories to come! And a helpful suggestion for the airlines. Not that they asked, but ya know. Just popping in to say hi.

Have you started traveling for Christmas yet? Are the stockings all hung by the chimney with care? Hope all is well at your place.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it there safely! Have a wonderful Christmas with the family. Much love to you (and Becks) from down here in NZ. Stop in here on your way home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! I want to see photos of this packed caravan to FL.
    Merry Christmas to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a very low key Christmas. Almost no stress (and I'm lovin it!). Gift cards have made my life easy this year :). My "almost" sister-in-law (engaged to Stephen's brother) and I are making a beef tenderloin and a bunch of sides. That's it.

    If you come to Dallas we'd love to see you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! My husband wants Beatles Rock Band so much he can't stand it. But we are getting the Wii for the kid instead. Maybe for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds super fun. I have my own Lego avatar, too! :-) On this game note, my husband got Band Hero from his company for Christmas. We're debating what to do with it. Have y'all played it? Is it worth opening the package?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't played Band Hero, but I think it's basically the same as Rock Band.

    ReplyDelete