Sunday, December 18, 2011

21st Century Issues: Holiday Edition

--When you find yourself rummaging around your sleeping 8 year old's room at 11:30 pm, looking for her iPod Touch. Why? Well, after returning home from late night Christmas shopping, you realize with a gasp that your Christmas list, which you've been updating on your iPhone, might be syncing itself to her iPod. Cause of the iCloud. And she could find it and read it and that would be iBad. iSheesh!

--When your 8 year old already has an iPod Touch. Yes, you are those parents.

8 comments:

  1. That's truly a problem I could never conceive of because I can't imagine doing that stuff you just wrote about. Glad to know you're on the job though. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. iLOL! So, we are an iphone household but we don't have this iCloud thing. Maybe because I haven't updated to the new OS?

    But yes! This is something that just wasn't an issue back in olden times. Imagine if Halfpint had found out she was getting a new tin cup, an orange, and a shiny dime because Pa let his ipad sync? Simpler times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear ! Santa is definitely causing some issues isn't he:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Problems...hehe, thwarted by the cloud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand it either! I just know that, since jason updated everything, it's all linked. Though now I know you can choose what you want to sync. But now, a photo I take--let's say...of my butt in a pair of jeans to see if it looks too big--will show up on our PhotoStream that everyone can see. THAT SCENARIO IS PURELY HYPOTHETICAL. Who takes pictures of their own butt? NOT ME.

    Luckily, I checked and my notes don't sync to hers. Christmas is saved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Beck--lolsnort about Halfpint and Pa. Don't forget the oyster crackers too!

    ReplyDelete