Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mucho, of everything.

We wish you a merry Christmas!

(Please don't be disturbed by the Crazy Eyes from Nate.)

We are knee deep in wrapping paper at the moment, and realizing that too many gifts we have require parental construction.

We also sat with the kids this morning, and talked about what Christmas means, and how our giving gifts is reflective of God's greatest Gift to us. Which I have a feeling they mostly endured so they could go on and open presents. But I'm *sure* it's sinking in. Right?

Later today and tomorrow, we'll be enjoying a Mexican feast. Our own Feliz Navidad! ¡Olé! We decided that when we're in Australia for the holidays, we wanted to start our own tradition--why not eat the food we like the most, instead of slaving over a turkey or ham? So we'll have shredded beef tacos, cheesy chicken, enchiladas, homemade salsa, spicy rice, and whatever else we can slather with cheese, sour cream, and salsa. ¡Muy bién!

Wherever you are and whatever you eat, I hope you have a wonderful day. May God bless you and yours. I'm sending you a big, cheese and sour cream infused smooch!

¡Feliz Navidad! (Can you tell I'm excited I figured out how to ¡ on my phone? ¡Wheeeeee!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Amy! I hope you enjoy the day and the lovely weather. So glad it stopped raining! We're living in Erskineville for the next few weeks (house and cat sitting for a few friends), and having a quiet Christmas at home - no tree, but that's ok, it means there's less to clean up afterwards!
    Thanks again for your offer of help! I desperately need a haircut - any suggestions?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending mucho Day After Christmas love to you all! I think your Mexican feast sounds like a great idea. I am sorta over turkey and dressing myself. Too many years of eating it, I guess. I think I may adopt your plan next year. Maybe lasagna Christmas or meatloaf Christmas, huh? Today, for Boxing Day, we went to a seafood restaurant on the beach and had raw and fried oysters. Delish! That may be the beginning of a new tradition for us. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mexican food for Christmas sounds muy bien! In Texas, where I grew up, all the Mexican families made tamales for Christmas, and somebody was always bringing us a bunch of them. Yum. And I'm absolutely amazed by how much of the "Christ" in Christmas that Jude has actually absorbed. I just wrote about how on Christmas Eve morning, he got up and sat down and made a birthday card for Jesus. All on his own. Very sweet. Merry Christmas down under! I thought of you when we were checking the Santa Tracker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty! Merry Christmas--hope you guys had a good one! Hmmm...not sure what salon to recommend near you. ;) You're in a much cooler part of town than we are! We love Newtown--that's near you, right? Wish we got down there more often. Hopefully some warmer weather is coming, cause I'm afraid you haven't seen the best that Sydney has to offer!

    Gretchen--hi!! That's so sweet about Jude. In past years we've done a birthday cake, but I didn't quite get to it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Amy. You too!! And a great New Year's Eve! We ended up going first to Darling Harbour for the 9am fireworks and then The Rocks for midnight. It was so incredibly crowded. I saw many, many drunken barefoot ladies carrying their uncomfortable shoes. I, sober in my sneakers, shuddered at the thought of walking barefoot on the streets downtown.
    We are near Newtown! Only a block or two from King Street. It is very cool - too cool for me, probably! No worries about the salon. Any thoughts on a good place to go out to eat for Mexican/TexMex? I am seriously craving some nachos!

    ReplyDelete